New Ford 4.6L Police Interceptor Remanufactured Engines
We specialize in supplying the highest quality remanufactured engines in the market today. Our remanufactured engines not only offers a premium quality and top performance, but they are competitively priced far below what most aftermarket remanufacturers are charging.
Our remanufacturers' utilizes torque plating methods for boring and honing to ensure block straightness, which reduces break-in time and crankcase pressure. In addition, our remanufacturers' use OEM or equivalent pistons, rings, bearings, valves and gaskets, to make sure the engine will stand the test of time.
With our nationwide distribution network you not only get you the highest quality remanufactured engine at the best price but you can get it fast!
Everyone knows quality means reliability and the quality is actually visually apparent. When you see the engine for the first time, you'll understand what sets these engines miles above the rest.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY:
The durability and power of a our remanufactured engine is enhanced and ensured through product design improvements and the use of original equipment manufacturers. Do to strict specifications, many of these engines feature NEW blocks, camshafts and new cylinder heads.
Before the first engine of a particular type is remanufactured it gets reviewed by a process called "reverse-engineering." The result- the highest quality remanufactured engine available- isthe starting point and all procedures and processes are developed from that goal. The outcome is an engine that meets and often exceeds the original manufacturer's performance specifications.
MAJOR ENGINE UPDATES:
• Each cast iron block is magnafluxed for cracks and checked for any visible damage to the block or threaded holes before being repainted to the original color: There are six CNC machining centers that are programmed to precise specifications that meet or exceed those established by the OEM for each engine block.
• After the engine block is bored, decked, and chamfered, each cylinder is honed with the specified cross-hatch patter. Quality audits are performed to ensure that the cylinder size and finish meets original specifications.
• Crankshafts are machined on a fully-automated CNC crank grinder. This enables consistency and critical tolerances for each journal.
• All oil galley holes are chamfered and brushed after machining and the crankshaft is given a final wash to ensure cleanliness.
• Each crank is inspected for cracks, bow and all applicable run-out specs for rod and main journals.
• Each connecting rod is measured against stringent specifications for bend, twist, and center-to-center length before use.
• The piston pin bore and bearing bore are measured with air gauges for proper dimensions.
• New torque-to-yield rod bolts and nuts are installed.
• Every head is resurfaced and completely inspected for any visible damage or cracks.
• Valve seats are machined, inspected and replaced if necessary.
• Valve guides are inspected with an air gauge and replace if necessary.
• The cam bore is checked and machined if required.
• Only brand-new valves, seals and lifters are used in every head.
• All plugs and fittings are replaced with new pieces to protect against possible coolant leaks.
• Every 4.6 Police Interceptor remanufactured engine is spin tested to ensure proper oil flow, pressure, torque and compression. All sealed units are tested for oil and coolant leaks.
INSPECTION AND MACHINING
The entire unit is first stripped down to the basic engine block and cylinder heads, which are then cleaned, inspected for cracks using a process developed for the aerospace industry, and then precision machined to original manufacturer's specifications.
Selected components that can be reused are first checked to assure the fall within the original manufacturer's specifications. They are then machined and re-inspected to assure like-new operation. Any part that fails this test is rejected and replaced.
There are dozens of new components replaced in each and every remanufactured engine. Typically, they include the items that see the most wear inside the engine as well as any component that is usually remanufactured but does not fall within original manufacture's specifications. New components include: pistons, pins, lock rings, piston rings, piston pin and bushings, main bearings, camshaft bearings, camshaft (new or reman) rear main oil seal, timing gear or chain, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, spring retainers, valve guides (as applicable), rod bearings, cylinder head gaskets, oil pan gaskets, timing gear cover gaskets, rocker nuts and swivels, expansion plugs, oil pump and cam sprocket.
Engine blocks magnafluxed, bored, precision-honed and mains line-honed
Camshaft bearings line-bored for accurate center-to-center clearance
Engine blocks and cylinder heads precision surfaced.
Cylinder heads magnafluxed and machined for three-angle valve seats
Crankshafts stress-relieved, precision ground and micro-polished
Camshafts precision ground or replaced with new.
All new remanufactured engines are 100% tested prior to shipment. Computer controls ensure that each engine test is conducted under standard and repeatable settings. Every engine is run through three separate segments.
FORD 4.6L INTERCEPTOR ENGINES INCLUDES:
• Block • Crankshaft
• Rods • Oil pump
• Crank gear • Cam gear
• Piston assemblies • Camshaft
• Head • Front gear housing
• Rear cover & seal
• Gasket set
• Valve train (lifters, pushrods & rocker arms)
• New water pump
• Spark plugs
• Valve covers
• Oil cooler (if applicable)
• Oil and filter
These new remanufactured engines come with OEM or equivalent pistons, rings, bearings, valves and gaskets, making sure that this engine will stand the test of time.
Many engines come with valve covers, oil pan, balancer and a new front covers already installed.
3 Years / Unlimited Mile Warrant
To check price and availability, please gather the following information:
• Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
• Vehicle Make
• Vehicle Model
• Vehicle Model Year
• Vehicle Engine Size
Note: The VIN number is visible through the windshield on the driver's side of the vehicle.
Note: The complete VIN number is needed to identify the correct part number.